ADVANCED CERTIFICATE IN INTERNATIONAL TRADE IN THANE
(Recognized by : IMC Chamber of Commerce and Industry)
This course is outlined for those in pursuit of better employment opportunities or independent Export-Import business. The objective of this course is to acquaint the participants with Practical knowledge, which would help them to become export-import executives or to start their own Export-Import business.
- Paper I. INTERNATIONAL MARKETING & ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR
- Introduction Basis of International Marketing. Difference between International and Domestic market. Impact of Globalization, disintermediation and Liberalization on the International market.
- India’s Foreign Trade: Balance of payment. Recent trends in India's foreign trade. Measures to boost India's foreign Trade.
- Global Environment For Exports: Factors affecting world trade World Trade Organization (WTO), UNCTAD and ICC Regional Economic Groupings- EU, LAFTA, NAFTA, SAFTA, SAARC. ASEAN, etc.
- Basic Principles of International Marketing: Market segmentation, Targeting positioning, Brand Image. Identifying foreign markets. Sources of Information and importance of data. Overseas marketing research. Promotion of products in global markets. Product planning and Channels of distribution.
- Organizational Behavior Management: Definition, Its nature and scope. Functions of Management- Planning, staffing and organization. Leading and directing, Control and Evaluation.
- The Human Resource Management: Its management and Development. New insights into human resource management.
- Motivation: Morale and productivity Relieving stress at work place.
- Paper II. EXPORT FINANCE, BANKING & EXCHANGE REGULATIONS
- Export Costing: Costs Concepts: Fixed, Marginal and Variable Costs. Export Pricing, Break Even Analysis . Cost Sheet for Exports, including Freight and Insurance. International Commercial Terms (INCO 2010). Problems on export Pricing.
- Export Finance: Pre-shipment and Post- shipment Finance. Export Finance in Foreign Currency. Scrutiny of Export Letter of Credit and Negotiation of documents under LC. Discrepant documents. Export credit and Guarantee Corporation (ECGC). Deferred payment Exports: Suppliers Credit/ Buyers Credit. Project exports. EXIM Bank, Its role and functions. Factoring and Forfeiting.
- FEMA 1999: Introduction to FEMA, Authorized Dealers. Current account and Capital account Transactions. Rupee convertibility on Current/ Capital account. FEMA provisions regarding Exports, EEFC and Diamond Dollar Accounts. Foreign Currency accounts for Residents and Non Residents.
- Exchange Rate Management FEDAI and its Guidelines. Exchange Rate Mechanism. Derivatives, Hedging, Options etc.
- Paper III. EXPORT PROCEDURE AND DOCUMENTATION DEFINITION
- Definition and meaning of exports: nderstanding an Export Transaction
- Exchange Rate Mechanism: Basic Concepts. Direct Quotation Method, Spot and Forward rates and booking of Forward contract for exports. NOSTRO, VOSTRO and LORO A/Cs.
- Procedure: How to set up an Export Company, Categories of an Exporter. Procedure for obtaining IEC and RCMC. Various Export Promotion Organizations i.e. EPC, CB's. Export sales contract, Export order, processing and Scrutiny of an Export order. Execution of an Export Order.
- Payment Terms: Payment terms for settlement of export import transaction. Letter of credit, its contents and types of LC. Uniform Customs Procedures for Documentary Credits (UCPDC).
- Documentation: Entire export documents, i.e. Principal, Auxiliary and Regulatory set of documents used in export trade and their importance.
- Customs Clearance of Cargo meant for exports: Excise clearance procedure. Role of customs house agents. Shipping and customs formalities. Marine insurance.
- Paper IV. IMPORT MANAGEMENT
- Definition: Need for Imports. Definition and meaning of Imports. How to read Import Export Policy and Procedures.
- Procedures for Imports: Import finance . Opening of Import Letter of credit. External commercial Borrowings. Buyers Credit/Trade Credit. Direct Imports. Retirement of Import documents under an LC or otherwise on collection. FEMA provision regarding Imports.
- Role of Customs and regulations regarding imports Indian customs Act. 1962. Customs Tariff Act, . Filing of Bill of entry. Clearance of cargo at the time of imports. Valuation and assessment of goods for payment of customs duty. Method for calculation of customs duty. Import of Technology, Drawings and Designs. Import of Samples/Gifts. Imports for personal use & Baggage rules. Imports through post and courier.
- Central Excise Main provision for Imports/Exports. Factory stuffing/warehouse stuffing/sealing of containers. Clearance of goods under Bond. Imports under special schemes for exporters. EPCG, Duty Exemption/remission and various other promotional schemes.
- Paper V.FOREIGN TRADE POLICY
- Preamble Legal Frame work. Various definitions. Govt. objective under Foreign trade Policy. Structure of Import Policy. ITC (HS) classification of Imports. General policy provisions regarding Imports and exports. Promotional Measures. Duty exemption/Remission Scheme. EPCG scheme. SEZ, 100% EOU's, EHTP, STP, SEZ, FTZ etc. Deemed Exports. Current Foreign Trade Policy.
- Paper VI. FOREIGN TRADE LOGISTICS
- Logistics Introduction to global logistics. Different modes of shipments. Different modes of operation of shipping. Different modes of transport. Multi modal transport system. Chartering practice. Conference system. Containerization FCL/LCL, CFS, ICD. Third party logistic service providers. CHA, FFA, C&FA, Ship operating agent, NVOCC. Introduction to port operation, harbor facility, terminal facility, VTMS. Customs bonded warehouses. Freight (types and application), freight consolidation. Introduction to custom procedure (logistics). Documentation (logistics). INCOTERM 2010, Selection of INCOTERM. Application of information technology in logistics.
- Cargo Insurance Introduction to need and importance of marine insurance. Basic principles of insurance applicable to cargo clause A, B & C. Ocean, air and inland transit clause. Insurance premiums. Insurance claim procedures, documentation and time limit.
- For More Details & Registration Please Contact :
- Export Trade & Training Institute
M. H High School, Opp. Kalyan Jewelers Thane - West - 400 602.
- Export Trade & Training Institute