POST DIPLOMA IN EXPORT IMPORT & LOGISTICS SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
(Recognised by BSS Government of India)
- 1) EXPORT DOCUMENTATION AND BANKING
- EXCHANGE RATE MECHANISM – Foreign exchange, Nostro account, Vostro account, Loro account, Exchange rate, Purchase and sales transaction, Registration with export promotion organisation (RCMC), Execution of Export order, Export payment terms.
- Export Procedure & Documentation, Preliminaries of starting exports, Export Transaction, Types of Export, Steps in Exporting.Export of samples, FEMA Regulations regarding exports, whom to export, Identifying foreign buyer, Uniform Customs Procedures for Documentary Credits(UCPDC) and letter of credit, Inspection formalities.
- DOCUMENTATION – Import Export code, Export document, Insurance document, Transport document, Regulatory document, Formats of various documents, Bill of lading & AWB.CUSTOMS CLEARANCE OF CARGO MEANT FOR EXPORTS
- Export costing (Fixed, Marginal and Variable Costs), Problems on export pricing, International Commercial Terms Incoterms 2020, Cost Sheet for Exports, including Freight and Insurance, GST (Exports), Foreign currency A/C for residents, Diamond dollar A/C, Foreign currency accounts for NRI.
- Export finance (Pre-shipment and Post Shipment Finance), Commercial bank, Factoring, Forfeiting, EXIM Bank, Its role and functions, Foreign exchange management act, Deferred payment Exports: Suppliers Credit/ Buyers Credit, Foreign exchange market.
- FEMA - 1999 – Merchanting trade, ECGC (Export credit and Guarantee Corporation), FEDAI and its Guidelines. Exchange rate management, Foreign exchange remittance facilities for resident and non-residents, Derivatives, Hedging, Options.
- 2) LOGISTICS & SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Introduction to global logistics, Different modes of shipment, Different modes of operation of shipping, Different modes of transport, Multi modal transport system.
- Containerization FCL/LCL, Chartering practice, Conference system, CFS, ICD.
- Third party logistics service providers, CHA, FFA, C&FA, Ship operating agent, NVOCC, Introduction to port operation, harbour facility, terminal facility, VTMS.
- Customs bonded warehouses, Freight (types and application), freight consolidation, Introduction to customs procedure (logistics).
- Documentation (logistics), INCOTERM 2020, Selection of INCOTERM, Application of information technology in logistics.
- 3) IMPORT MANAGEMENT& CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
- DEFINITION – Meaning and significance of imports, Export promotion schemes, Project imports, Main provision for Imports / Exports.
- Procedures for imports, ITC (HS) classification, Valuation and assessment of goods for payment of customs duty, Carrier, Bill of entry, imports through post and courier, Import of samples.
- Role of customs and regulations regarding imports, Method for calculation of customs duty, Custom clearance of imported goods, Filling of Bill of entry, Clearance of cargo at the time of imports.
- GST ACT (Export & Import), Factory Stuffing/warehouse stuffing/sealing of containers, Custom duties, Indian customs act 1962, Imports under special schemes for exporters, EPCG, Duty Exemption/remission and various other promotional schemes, Export procedure under GST.
- Imports for personal use & Baggage rules, Selection of overseas suppliers, banking regulations in Import of goods.
- 4) INTERNATIONAL MARKETING & ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
- INDIA'S FOREIGN TRADE - Balance of payment. Recent trends in India's foreign trade. Measures to boost India's foreign trade.
- GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT FOR FOREIGN TRADE - Factors affecting world trade, World Trade Organization (WTO), UNCTAD and ICC, Regional Economic Groupings-EU, LAFTA, NAFTA, SAFTA, SAARC, ASEAN etc.
- PRINCIPALS OF INTERNATIONAL MARKETING - Market segmentation, targeting positioning, Brand Image, Identifying foreign markets, Sources of information and importance of data, Overseas marketing research, Promotional of products in global markets, Product planning and Channels of distribution.
- ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOUR MANAGEMENT - Definition, its nature and scope, Functions of Management-Planning, staffing and organization, Leading and directing, Control and Evaluation.
- THE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT, MOTIVATION - Its management and Development, New insights into human resource management, Morale and productivity. Relieving stress at work place.
- 5) FOREIGN TRADE POLICY
- Legal frame work & Various definition, Government objective under Foreign Trade Policy.
- Structure of Import Policy, ITC (HS) classification of Imports.
- General policy provisions regarding Imports and Exports, Promotional Measures.
- Duty exemption/Remission Scheme, EPCG scheme.
- SEZ, 100% EOU's, EHTP, STP, SEZ, FTZ etc. Deemed Exports. Current Foreign Trade Policy.
- 6) SHIPPING OPERATIONS & TRANSPORTATION
- Introduction to ships & other vessels, Terms associated with ships, Types of ship.
- Shipping, services & related activities, Negotiating shipping services & NVOCCS.
- Freight forwarding agent, Electronic data interchange
- TRANSPORTATION INFRASTRUCTURE – Economic significance of transport, Economic concept/impact of transportation, Transport development in India since independence, Cost structure of different modes of transport, Transportation Regulation, Courier service, Air cargo, National highways in India, Transportation problems, Health, Safety, Security & Environment, Hazardous cargo handling.
- WAREHOUSING – Purpose & requirement of warehousing facility, Function of warehouse, Warehousing Cost, Types of Warehouse, Warehouse mapping and racking, Material Handling Equipment, Bonded warehouse, Documents in warehousing of imported goods in public bonded warehouse, Packaging, Role of IT in Warehousing.
- Course Duration: 1 year
- Course Fees: 35,850/- + BSS Government of India Examination Fees
- Limited Seats Available (Admission is based on 1st Come – 1st Basis)
- Board Exam will be Conducted - By BSS Government of India.
- Examinations for each Subject
- Practical Exam
- Written Exam
- ETTI IS PROUD TO PROVIDE
100% Placement Assistance.
Guidance if you wish to start your own Business.